Scrapping Your Junk Car
Old, broken down, and unwanted cars need to go somewhere. Make that somewhere our scrap yard! When you scrap a car, the overall condition doesn’t matter, but here are a few things you need to know when bringing a car to United Iron & Metal.
- Do you have a title for your car? If you do, we can pay you a premium for it! If not, we can still accept it but we will pay a discounted rate due to the fact that the State requires us to find and notify the last known owner.
- Tires: remove tires when possible. If they are still on the vehicle, we will deduct for the weight of the tires.
- All fluids (including gasoline!) must be removed.
- Speaking of gasoline, we need to verify that there is no fuel in the tank. Cutting a whole in the gas tank or removing the tank entirely insures that we can easily confirm that the tank is empty.
- Remove that battery! We buy those too! Scrapping your vehicle can be daunting if you have never done it before.
Feel free to call us at 410- 384-4198 with your questions. We are happy to help you get your scrap car to one of our Baltimore Yards and help turn your scrap into cash!